The Surgical Technologist assists the surgeon by providing and controlling the sterile instruments, supplies and equipment required during surgical intervention. S/he assures that instruments and supplies are cleaned, sterilized and available when needed. Must have completed high school or equivalent.
· Graduate of Surgical Technologist training program or equivalent. Certification preferred.
· Current certification in Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support (BCLS).
· Previous ambulatory surgery experience preferred.
· Experience in decontamination/sterile prep desired.
· Superior dexterity skills needed to pass instruments.
· Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while performing duties.
· Periodic pushing, pulling and lifting patients and/or equipment up to a 60 pound weight load.
· Responsible for ordering standard supplies
· Responsible for supplies and equipment deliveries
· Responsible for proper storage and distribution of supplies and equipment
· Coordinates and collaborates with the Materials Coordinator for any special equipment and/or supplies needed
· Transport and disposal of waste.